Keeping yourself Safe - information for children and young people
There are lots of places you can get more information if you feel scared or don't feel safe.
The following websites might be helpful :
- Thinkuknow - be safe on the internet
- Kidscape - get help if you're being bullied
- Childline - speak to someone or read helpful advice
- Support for young people affected by domestic violence
- YoungScot - lots of information for young people and help with different topics
- Who cares Scotland - support for young people in care or living with foster families
- Forced marriage advice - from the Scottish Government
You should talk to an adult you trust or contact us if you are worried about the way someone treats you of if you don't feel sage
If you talk to someone you trust, like your parent, teacher, youth worker or doctor, make sure they listen properly, even if you have to tell them several times. Don't give up.
You can also talk to us, call 030 33 33 3001 and ask for the Social Work Access team. The Social Work Access team is our single point of contact for reporting concerns.
Other people who can help are :
- Childline on 0800 1111
- Police Scotland on 101