Information for children and young people
Children and young people can be affected by domestic abuse at home or in their own relationships.
You can talk to an adult you trust like a teacher, a doctor, a parent or contact some of the organisations below if you're worried about the way someone treats you or if you don't feel safe.
You can also talk to:
Women's Aid Young Persons' Workers:
- Wigtownshire: 07738997914 or 01776 073104 (24hrs)
- Dumfriesshire and Stewartry: 01387 263052 (24hrs)
- Call 030 33 33 3001 and ask for Children's MASH.
Other people who will help:
- Call ChildLine on 0800 1111 or start an online chat
- Call Police Scotland on 101 or on 999 in an emergency
Advice and support to help you keep safe
Disrespect Nobody - information on relationships, sexting, consent, rape and porn
Thinkuknow - be safe on the internet
The hideout - how to take positive action if domestic violence is happening to you
Forced marriage advice - from ChildLine