Information for children and young people

Children and young people can be affected by domestic abuse at home or in their own relationships.

Child covering ears from fight

You can talk to an adult you trust like a teacher, a doctor, a parent or contact some of the organisations below if you're worried about the way someone treats you or if you don't feel safe.

You can also talk to:

Women's Aid Young Persons' Workers:

  • Wigtownshire: 07738997914 or 01776 073104 (24hrs)
  • Dumfriesshire and Stewartry: 01387 263052 (24hrs)

Social Work:

  • Call 030 33 33 3001 and ask for the Social Work Access team. 

Other people who will help:

Advice and support to help you keep safe

Disrespect Nobody - information on relationships, sexting, consent, rape and porn

Thinkuknow - be safe on the internet

The hideout - how to take positive action if domestic violence is happening to you

Forced marriage advice - from ChildLine

Female Genital Mutilation / Female Circumcision or Cutting - Childline